Monday 24 June 2013

Cheers Pete.

So Friday came (21st June) and I was all ready to see Mr Pete Doherty at the Underground in Stoke.

I'd been listening to the Libertines, Babyshambles and his solo stuff all week, which had been really getting me in the mood for seeing him live and for a bit of partying... the sun was shining as we made our way up Hanley - few (many..) drinks down and we were feeling the love entirely. Then....




He didn't turn up. No explanation, just an announcement at 10.30pm, 2 hours after we'd arrived at the venue. Little bit annoying.

Anyway, I'm hoping he will make it up to me some time.

For anyone who has had the chance to see him on this little tour or is due to see him with Babyshambles in the autumn, but especially those that have been stood up by him - close your eyes and listen to one of his greatest songs, well one of my ultimate favourites. I guess I still love him, eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lc2lchixWM

No comments:

Post a Comment