Wednesday 15 May 2013

*Drought* *SOS*

I'm going through the worst kind of drought ever, EVER (okay so a may be exaggerating a little, or a lot) but I am currently experiencing a live music drought. I am SO thirsty.

There is no time or place or moment I feel happier then when I am watching a band or artist perform live, it could be in someones' living room, a working mans' club or Wembley Stadium - It just makes everything feel right. In fact, the last time I witnessed any live music was a cover band performing at a friends wedding - they were good, and it really made the day for me (after witnessing all the lovely love stuff, of course.)

But, (apart from the wedding) the last time I went to watch a band was all the way back in February. I actually feel sad and ashamed, but mainly sad, that it's been that long. HELP.

The problem is with other social things and work (always gets in the way of fun doesn't it?) I just haven't had the opportunity to go to any gigs. I must change this...so,

I am going to see an unsigned band - High House next week (phew) in Stafford,

then hoping to follow that up with Swim Deep on 31st May (B'ham) and The Strypes at the end of June (Wolverhampton)

If it's been a while since you've seen any live music, get to it, nothing is greater, check out local venues, little pubs etc you'll find some right gems along the way. 

Time to get booking. x

No comments:

Post a Comment