Sunday 10 November 2013

OUTFIT. they're cool

A few months ago, I'd only really heard the name Outfit (a band from Liverpool) a few times, I think I may have caught a snippet of one of their tunes on 6music, but after a radio pal recommended I gave them a proper listen, I did, and she was right, they're kinda special.

So, I was really excited to being going to see them at The Institute in Brum (supporting Everything Everything, who are pretty decent too) but very annoyingly a couple of days before I got ill, cheers for that immune system, nice one. I think I had a fever *cold* but whatever it was, it must have been pretty bad cos nothing stops me from enjoying myself... So while I sobbed into my ticket whilst sipping on Lemsip, everyone else was living it up at the gig, bad times indeed.

But, the missed gig and 20 quid wasted aside...

Their album Performance (released on Aug 12th) is a mixture of dance, techno, indie. It's different, it's a bit messy, but most of all it's good.

Here's one of my faves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAUl2Fc_0g





No comments:

Post a Comment