Sunday 25 November 2012

Dry The River 29/10/2012

It was the 3rd time I'd seen Dry The River perform, a band that were named in the BBC's Sound of 2012.

I 1st saw them back in 2011 at the Hare and Hounds pub in Birmingham and that's where I fell in love.

This time I was watching them at Sugarmill in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, a great little local music venue.



It's safe to say Dry The River have well and truly got me eating out of their melancholic, folky, harmonious, poetic hands.

They are one of the few bands that when I watch them live I literally cannot take my eyes off them, you experience every word and every note with the band and the rest of the crowd.

They combine a vast range of genres into their music - folk, classical, rock, pop - it's all there and it really works.

Check out, well the WHOLE album, but my current favourites: Weights and Measures & Bible Belt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment