Monday 19 November 2012

I smell that smell, it's that time of year again

V FESTIVAL babes

I lost my virginity, FESTIVAL virginity at the tender age of 15.

For a few years I'd been itching to start going to gigs and festivals and after going to my first ever gig that year (Muse at the NEC in Birmingham.. me and my mates wore matching mini skirts, black tops and boots, my music taste was ahead of my fashion taste then...) I managed to persuade my parents to buy me a ticket for V as part of my Birthday present that year.

Weston Park, Staffordshire

I loved that 1st time, so much so that I have been going every single year since (apart from a blip in 2006!) and have gone for the weekends.

This year however, I had bought Sunday day tickets for me and the other half - penniless as I was at the time tickets went on sale - I had to see THE STONE ROSES and Mr Noel Gallagher.

anyway, me and the other half ended up going a seperate ways (the less said about that the better) so I got my mate onboard instead.

I was worried after years of camping that I was gonna feel a bit 'out of it' like an outsider BUT on the plus side I had the smugness of a fresh smelling bright eyed person!

I had the best day.. Ben Howard was beautiful - his perfert combo of soul and folk just matched the sunshine - yes sunshine! - perfectly

check out: only love, the fear and move like you want to.

and NOEL - hero, legend.

watching The Stone Roses after sunset was just a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I WANNA BE ADORED.

If you haven't listened to them before they are one of the MUST listen to bands of all time.. so difficult to pick a favourite track but at the moment it's Love Spreads.


So if you are a festival newbie, don't be afraid to give a day ticket a go. Cider and Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment