Friday 15 February 2013

I like this dance remix.

As a kid, my parents played me lots of amazing music (their vinyls now all packed away in the loft) The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, James Taylor, 10cc, Bob Dylan, the list goes on. I can remember from the age of about four dancing around our lounge with my dad to all these artists. And from young as I can remember I always watched Top of the Pops- once a music junkie, always one, right?! So for my 8th birthday I asked for a walkmen and '(What's the story) Morning Glory?' and was so excited when I got them. That set the way for my music taste - I just adored Oasis and brit-pop indie, as I got into my teens I got into a bit of 'grunge' too, stuff like the wonderful Nirvana.

I am still an indie kid at heart but as I've got a little bit older- late teens and into my 20s, I was able to accept there was more to music than just Oasis. I appreciate all genres, and especially - pop, soul, blues and more recently dance.

If someone had said to me 10 years ago (when I was 15 - yep, unfortuntaely I am 25 next week - oh lord) that I would actually choose to listen to dance music I would have probably responded with some smart-arse comment like "er no, I like GOOD music".

So here I am, now tutting at the 15 year old me. Rudimental and Disclosure amongst others are slowly taking me into a world of dance and I kinda like it.

And today I stumbled across this from London Grammar. Should get you ready for the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsyg7Zq8h-A

No comments:

Post a Comment